*Matching Group 34 batteries are required.
All of the wiring has already been done for you, and the smart isolator comes pre-installed. The welded gussets on top have holes with grommets to route the wires directly to the correct battery post, so there's no guess work involved to make the connections.
Use the extra grommets for routing your own accessory wires cleanly and neatly to the power and ground bus bars. High quality battery terminal connectors are soldered and crimped to the flexible 2 gauge wire connecting the batteries together. With all the wiring integrated into the top plate, servicing your batteries has never been easier. Simply pull the terminals off the battery posts, remove the 4 easily accessible stainless fasteners securing the lid, and all the wiring can be lifted up and out of the way to service your batteries when necessary. The included smart isolator gives you automatic control of all the charging functions with no interaction required.
- Completely pre-wired out of the box
- Fits 3.8L, 3.6L, Hemi 5.7L & 6.4L, LS, and European diesel engines
- Boost switch included - jump start your vehicle off your second battery
- Power & Ground bus bars make it easy to connect accessories
- Smart Isolator automatically handles all charging functions
- Interface port pre-wired for the G Screen monitoring system
- Integrated fuse box holder and evap solenoid holder
- Best quality wires, tin-plated copper connectors, sealed heat shrink tubing
- Powder coated for durability
- Proudly made in the USA
- Battery Tray
- Top Lid
- Smart Isolator
- Boost Switch
- Power Bus Bar
- Ground Bus Bar
- G Screen Interface Port
- All Wiring
- Fuse Box Mount
- Evap Solenoid Mount
- Evap Hoses
- Hose Clamps
- Stainless Hardware
- Firewall Nut Covers
- Evap Solenoid Extension (Required fo 2007-2011)
- Installations Instructions (online download)
Here's how it works
When your cranking battery is fully charged at 13.2 volts, the smart isolator automatically connects the batteries together, and they are charged at the same time. When you park and turn off the engine, but continue to use accessories such as lights or the stereo or a CB, both batteries begin to drain down. When your main cranking battery reaches 12.7 volts, the smart isolator separates the batteries, so that your cranking battery will have enough power to start the engine. The second battery continues to power your accessories for as long as it will last.
- Any accessories connected to the power and ground bus bars will run from the accessory battery. Your factory fuse box will still be powered by the main cranking battery.
After you crank the vehicle, your main cranking battery will be charged up to 13.2 volts first, and then the isolator will begin charging your accessory battery. By only charging one battery at a time, your alternator is protected from excessive strain.
- Press the Start Boost button and the isolator will connect both batteries together for 1 minute, acting like built-in jumper cables to jump start your engine off your accessory battery.
- As long as the combined voltage of the 2 batteries is at least 12.7 volts, you'll be able to start your vehicle instead of being stranded with a dead battery!
- The alternator will charge both batteries for 1 minute, then switches back over to automatic mode to reduce the strain on your alternator.