Special Order: Truck Freight Shipping: You will be contacted with freight charges prior to shipping, or contact us for a quote prior to purchase.
Summit Truck Topper
Filling the void between the traditional truck topper and slide-in camper, one person can easily open the cavernous and functional interior in 30 seconds. 8 feet of headroom is available under the insulated composite roof at the highest point, with 6 feet at the lowest point.
The 340 lb Summit TM is made from the same lightweight aluminum and honeycomb composite as the proven Habitat TM topper. This advanced construction provides insulation while adding strength and a surface that can be fitted with flush-threaded fasteners for attaching a variety of gear. Opening and closing is facilitated by robust gas springs and remains stable in event of high winds or snow loads. The locking rear liftgate and top-latches keep gear secure. Double pane acrylic windows and skylights are available to let light in and keep weather out. These Euro-style openings feature retractable bug screens and thermal curtains. For external gear access, upward-opening weathertight locking cargo doors are available.
The 48"x 80" (the length of a queen size bed) sleeping platform features a 2.5" thick mattress that pivots upwards assisted by gas springs. Out of the way when not in use, it easily pulls down when it’s time for bed. There is enough room between the sleeping platform and the closed roof of the Summit TM to leave bedding in place, making the Summit TM amazingly convenient to use and easy to deploy. With the sleeping platform lowered, the remaining open standing area of 48" x 38" allows another person to move around in the truck bed or access the sleeping platform without disturbing the sleeper.
The Summit TM features a durable fire-retardant canvas tent that is breathable and waterproof. For cold weather, an optional fire-retardant, light-blocking, Thinsulate TM liner is available with matching window openings and a R-value of 1.4 (34º to 36º heat retention). This thoughtful combination of materials makes the Summit TM a comfortable space, whatever the weather.
Standard Features: (Base price $12,000) *New 2021 Pricing
- Easy 30 second deployment and stowage
- Sleeps 2 standard
- Built in mattress on lift assisted platform
- Insulated sleeping platform and shell walls with carpet covering
- Bedding can remain in place when closed
- All aluminum & composite construction
- Roof can be walked on (600 lbs max)
- Locking lift gate
- Built in wiring raceways
- Ruggedly designed for 4×4 travel
- All season tent with no-see-um mesh windows, clear vinyl and privacy panels
- Standard color: Clear coated aluminum. (Base finish is protective clear coat on raw 5052 aluminum, light surface scuffing can be expected from manufacturing handling. If a scuff free surface is required, paint option is recommended).
- Dimensions closed:
- 32.75" tall with roof Bars, 32.25" Tall with Track only (add 2" for Full-size trucks, add 4" for F250/350)
- 53" Wide at top
- 124" Long at top
- Mid-size length at base: 5' = 64.375" & 6' = 76.375"
- Mid-size width at base: 64"
- Full-size length at base: 5.5' = 67.5" & 6.5' = 79" & 6.75' = 84"
- Full-size width at base: 70"
- Dimensions open:
- 80" x 48" x 2.5" Hi-Density Foam Mattress with washable cover
- 96" Standing room at Rear, 72" Standing room at front (add 2" for Full Size Trucks)
- 51" of headroom over bed area
Roof Overhang for 5' & 6' Mid-size Trucks (Tacoma, Colorado, Frontier):
- 51" on 6′ bed, 63" on 5' bed
- 23" from top of truck bed to underside of overhang
Roof Overhang for 5.5' & 6.5' Full-size Trucks (Tundra, Ram, F-150, Silverado):
- 50" on 6.5' bed, 62" on 5.5' bed
- 25″ from top of truck bed to underside of overhang
Roof Overhang for 6.75' Full-size Trucks F-250 & 350:
- 46" on 6.75' bed
- 27" from top of truck bed to underside of overhang
Materials Specifications List:
- Insulated aluminum composite panels
- Wax impregnated and fire retardant cotton/poly canvas
- Stainless Steel hardware
- 0.060″ 5052 CNC formed aluminum
- Base weight: 340 lbs
- Roof weight capacity for accessory loading (i.e bike, kayaks etc.): 100 lbs
- Sleeping platform capacity: 500 lbs
Options: (Pricing subject to change)
Drivers Side Half Slider Glass Window w/ Sliding Bug Screen $410
Passenger Side Glass Half Slider Window w/ Sliding Bug Screen $410
Driver Side 450x 1100 Tern Acrylic Half Slider w/ Fixed Bug Screen $499
Passenger Side 450x 1100 Tern Acrylic Half Slider w/ Fixed Bug Screen $499
- Drivers Side 450x 1100 Tem Euro Window: Double Pane Acrylic Top Hinge w/Screen+Blind $795
Passenger Side 450x 1100 Tem Euro Window: Double Pane Acrylic Top Hinge w/Screen+Blind $795
Rear Liftgate Window $290
Drivers Side 450x1100 Tem Hatch Door: Top Hinge $795
Passengers Side 450x1100 Tem Hatch Door: Top Hinge $795
Pre-Wire for Solar w/ 10GA Wire in Roof $320
Tem Overland Electric Roof hatch w/ Spoiler +LED Lighting+Screen+Blind $1,350
Fantastic Fan $310
MaxxAir 6200K Fan $449
Lewmar Glass Roof Hatch w/Screen $950
Roof Rack: Full Length, 100” Aircraft Track w/ 3 Cross Bars $850
Roof Rack: Full Length, 100” Aircraft Track Only $395
- Rhino Rack 70” Roof Track (Compatible with Yakima & Thule) $425
Nemo Awning Installed DS or PS $495
PS EEZI-Awn Bat Awning 270 $1,750
PS Rhino Batwing 270 $1,150
Awning Brackets Installed Only $260
Thinsulate Thermal Tent Liner R-2 $950
170w SunPower E-Flex Panel w/ 15amp Victron MPPT 75/15 controller $999
Paint (Paint Code Required) $1,500
Painted Hatch Door (Paint Code Required) $380
- NL Power Pack w/ Group 31 Deep Cycle Battery in Truck Bed $1,050
NL DC25 Power Pack w/ 105A Lithium Battery in Truck Bed $2,200
Summit Palletizing $200
Tacoma Bed Stiffeners (1 & 2)-Parts Only $100
Tacoma Bed Stiffeners (1 & 2)- Installed $210